Thank you SO much for all your prayers! The reason why I asked you for them is I was sitting my practical driving test today…for the third time. I did two practical tests about 6/7 years and got really fed up because I obviously failed both times. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I PAAAAAASSED!
This time, I started my lessons literally the week that 40 Days For Life started and I have been so tired, trying to juggle 40 DFL with a full-time job and practising for my test. I can’t tell you how many times I have cried in the past 5 weeks. Honestly, I have been pathetic.
I reaaally needed all your prayers. I know that with prayer, that is with God, you can do anything. I feel sorry for people who don’t believe in the power of prayer because guess what, I not only passed my test, but I got no minor faults at all! My driving instructor (who is also my brother-in-law) has been teaching for about 7 years and has only had about 4/5 people who have done this. Just to clarify, in the last week, I have been a complete mess. I’ve been stalling, pulling out at the wrong time, doing my manoeuvres all wrong. I was praying so hard today! In total, I had:
– Two (Old Rite) masses said for my success
– All my friends and family praying for me, both before and during the test (including my Mother, on her knees, in front of a crucifix, praying the Sorrowful mysteries)
– All my 40 DFL friends praying
– My Mum and I got up early this morning to pray the Joyful mysteries and we invoked all the relevant saints (and any other ones we could think of too!): St Christopher, St Frances of Rome, St Jude (of course!!), St Padre Pio, St Rita, St Augustine, St Francis of Assisi, St Anthony (my confirmation saint and obv. my best friend), my guardian angel, St Monica, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Venerable Fulton Sheen, Fr Hugh Thwaites, Blessed John Henry Newman, St Josemaria Escriva, St Maria Goretti…the list goes on. Just EVERYONE. I also did a special prayer just to St Jude (from a prayer card) and a special prayer to Blessed John Henry Newman (from a prayer book).
– I was also praying to St Jude during the test (can’t pray too much. It’s just not possible).
In total, I love being a Catholic and I LOVE all of you for so generously praying for me and getting me through it!
Thank You God!!